1. Go to sleep and get up at the same time. Your body gets used to your regime, and soon it will begin to prompt you when you should start and end your day. Even if it is still hard for you to sleep earlier in the evening, try not to get distracted by your phone or computer. Help yourself to fall asleep with the help of some of the following ideas.
2. Find products for bath and shower, which are right for you. How do you feel after the shower or bath? What makes you feel fresh or calm? Which smells promote relaxation and which give you energy? Find answers on these questions and do not drive your body crazy by sending it wrong signals. Use relaxing aromatherapy in the evening and refreshing products in the morning.
3. Find something important to wake up for in the morning. The Japanese have a concept of "ikigai", something what you wake up for. If the global goal of your life has not raised yet, it is worth thinking about it at your leisure time (using your new morning hours, for instance). Look for your own answer, and it will not only help you wake up easier!
4. Use relaxing practices before your sleep. Would it be meditation, yoga nidra, or your personal ritual helping to relax, is not so important. The comfort of your sleep depends on how relaxed you are.
5. Put your alarm clock away from your bed. The need to go to the alarm clock, and other rituals associated with it, such as a morning glass of water standing near it, makes you wake up, and you may have enough willpower to go back to bed.
6. Put everything in order before you go to sleep. Have you noticed that waking up in a nice and clean room is much more pleasant? This makes you want to get up sooner and start a new day, full of achievements. Surrounding chaos might drive you deeper into your bed and suggest how much unpleasant chores you need to do.
7. Give the promise to do something in the morning. For example, wake up your friend, prepare a breakfast for your loved one before his or her work, walk your dog, send a letter no later than 8 a.m. Anything that is really important for you and cannot be done from beneath the blanket fits to this purpose.
8. Ask your close ones for help. If there are larks in your family, most likely they will be happy to help you synchronize your cycles. Ask them to bring you coffee in the morning, to wake you up to the bitter end, to splash you with cold water - in other words, to do something that helps you wake up.
9. Sleep in complete darkness. The excessive light does not let your body get the signal that it is time to sleep. As a result, you find it difficult to fall asleep, and your sleep if less effective. Furthermore, sleeping with light can lead to health problems. Do not forget about the existence of sleeping mask.
10. Be patient and go to your goal consistently. Of course, you cannot rebuild your schedule for one day. The main thing here is not to give up and to go to bed earlier, even if you slept today too long and your day was short.
We understand that many people prefer to work at night. Been there, done that! However, if you are inquisitive, curious and love experiments, try to change something in your life! Luminosity will be happy to know your opinion and read about your experience.